I'm running for Judge in the 2nd Judicial District, Division 5, because experience matters! My professional experiences, as both a prosecutor and defender, give me the wisdom to always follow the rule of law and make every decision fairly and honestly.
Attorney, Sole practitioner, Albuquerque, New Mexico August 1994 – Present
● Practiced law, criminal and civil litigation throughout New Mexico
● Conducted approximately 200 felony jury trials during that period, to include 13 First Degree Murder trials.
● On the complex case panel of federal defense attorneys for seven years.
● Federal defense attorney for 18 years.
● Extensive federal criminal and civil practiceincluding over 23 federal appeals. OnePetition for Writ of Certiorari to the UnitedStates Supreme Court.
Assistant District Attorney, Second Judicial District, Albuquerque, New Mexico August 1993 - August 1994
● Exclusively Metropolitan Court cases, DWI and misdemeanors
United States Army JAG Corps Captain September 1987 - September 1992
● Predominantly criminal prosecution, mostly serious felonies
● Handled hundreds of cases, supervised 2 attorneys and 10 staff members.
● University of New Mexico, B.A. – 1984
● University of Wyoming, J.D. – 1987